CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Using Humor in Your Professional Speaking Gig
Humor accomplishes many things in your presentation. Here are some things that humor can do for you!
1. Humor helps you connect with your audience. Make yourself more relatable with your audience as they begin to see that it's not all about the information. Humor draws your audience to you because people are naturally drawn to positive things.
2. Humor makes you more approachable and likeable as a speaker. Your audience will see you as being more down to earth and again, relatable.
3. Humor creates interest in your topic as well as yourself. Humor just makes things interesting to follow. People like to laugh.
4. Humor helps to keep the attention of your audience. Your audience tunes out because they get lost in your presentation. By using humor, it'll be harder for your audience to tune out because they will want to hear your humorous story.
5. Humor strengthens point and ideas you want to highlight in your presentation. Funny stories are memorable and can strengthen the point of your message. Television sitcoms are famous for taking real life situations and presenting them in a humorous fashion.
6. Humor removes hostility in your presentation. If there were any ill feelings towards you or your message, humor lightens the mood of your audiences and disarms negative emotions.
7. Humor helps connects pieces of information in your topic. Work humor into the transition points of your presentation. In that way they will be the bridge that connects the points of your message together.
8. Humor helps paint mental images in the minds of your audience. Self-effacing humor is often relatable to your audience because they can see themselves having those same situations.
9. Humor makes your presentation more memorable. People remember when they laugh. They'll remember funny stories or funny instance during your presentation.
10. Humor lightens a heavy topic. People can only take so much of heavy topics. You don't want to make your audience feel depressed even if your topic discusses a very grave matter.
11. Humor can bring in better evaluations and more product sales. Humor warms your audience up to you. In doing so, your audience will be more open to purchasing your back of the room products as well as give you a better review.
12. Humor will make people happy. People want to enjoy your seminar. They want to have a good time and they want to be happy. Humor helps you achieve that.
Humor can add so much variety to an otherwise dull, information only presentation. Helping to connect you with your audience, humor is a great addition that can bring you better speaker reviews and increased revenue. Add some spice to your message by incorporating humor!
Selected ArticlesThe Real Message That Professional Speakers Send
Ten Sources Of Income In Professional Speaking
Where To Find Professional Speaking Jobs
A Professional Speaker Sets The Tone For The Message
Achieving Success In Professional Speaking
Organizing Your Professional Speaking Presentation
6 Questions That Professional Speakers Answer
Professional Speakers Polish Their Message
Handling Questions And Answers In Your Professional Speaking Career
Practice Makes Perfect!
Create Your Professional Speaking Portfolio
Using Props In Your Professional Speaking Presentation
How To Tell A Story In Your Professional Speaking Presentation
Using Humor In Your Professional Speaking Gig
What Makes A Great Professional Speaker?
How To Market Yourself As A Professional Speaker
How Free Professional Speaking Gigs Help You
What Does The First Year Of Professional Speaking Look Like?
Do You Have The Ability To Draw People As A Professional Speaker?
Successful Transitions For Your Presentation
How To Deal With A Negative Audience In Professional Speaking